House A
House B
So it came down to House A or House B. One was within our cap and one was 75 pounds over. One was newer and one was newly carpeted. One had satalite dishes and one had none (instalation to be paid by us) One had 3 bedrooms and one had 4 bedrooms. One had tight parking for 2 vehicles and one had tight parking for 3 vehicles. One had almost 150 pounds in realtor's fees and one had none. One was 5 minutes from base and one was 15 minutes from base.
WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK WE TOOK?
House A - It all came down to money! We have no realtor's fees to pay for this two year old house. We have a dish for British tv and AFN. We have 3 rooms and parking for 3 vehicles. We are at the end of a compact group of homes but there is literally a play park across the street. And we are within our CAP, which means a lot when the exchange rate is so low. So I guess the 15 minute drive will have to do. I must admit that I did put up a really good fright for house B though. The extra bedroom (even though it was as small as a en-suite would have made a perfect office)
We move in on the 25th and we can't wait. Getting settled is a big deal right now, it feels like forever since we had our own furniture and stuff.

8 comments:
I love the brick look of both the houses!! I'm excited for you that you were able to find something decent and I can't wait to see pictures!!
Good luck!
(This is Michelle by the way!)
I like how House B looks from the outside, but it is the money and what the inside looks like that counts. I'm excited for you guys to get settled too. Have fun getting all of your stuff in there.
Both those houses look so cute! Hopefully you you are able to make all your stuff fit! (I know all about living in tiny houses with lots of stuff!) Good Luck!
I have been having renters remorse since we signed. One night I couldn't even sleep, I got up and watched tv for 2 hours. I keep trying to think of ways to set up the furniture and what will have to go in the garage. I liked everything about house B (but he needed to put in a new sink and parking was squished) but financially it was going to be a pain. Having to put your own money from the little pay check that Dave gets is hard. The inside is worth it though.
It reminds me of a gingerbread house. Way cute! What a fun decorating opportunity for Christmas!!!
well you know what dad always says once you make your choice dont look anymore and consider the choice made. You will always find a better deal and the grass is greener on the other side. keep in mind as well this is a temporary shelter and the extra money saved now will help for a future home that you own!!!
It looks cute! Hope it works out well for you!
Hi! This is Michelle's aunt, Mary-Rose. She was telling me about you yesterday and then I came across your blog today-- what a nice surprise! I really like the house you chose! What an ordeal-- moving is so stressful for me! Good luck!
Post a Comment