I thought I would give all our friends and family a quick hello from England. We started our trip by leaving Ramstein a little later then we would have liked to but things were running smooth. Filled up on gas and away we went until all of a sudden the driver side wiper started to work it's way off the blade. We pulled over and quickly pushed it back on, since it was raining and we were on the Autobahn. We took a quick lunch break and gas stop in Spangdahlem and continued on. About 30 minutes out of Spangdahlem that same driver side wiper lost all control and quit working. This began the 2 hour delay of trying to find a parts shop and the goose chase that accompanied that. I had the ingenious idea to just switch the 2 wipers and keep going. Dave borrowed a wrench from the Nissan dealership and got the job done. A 5 hour trip turned into 8, but we got to Calais France safe and sound. Ava was wired so we went for a swim at 9pm! The next morning was a piece of cake compared to what we thought was going to happen. As back story, we applied for our Visas in Düsseldorf Germany and had submitted a date that we expected to cross the border. When the visas came back that date was clearly marked on them as the 20th of November. Unfortunately we had already planned everything out and we were going to be crossing on the 10th. Dave tried his best to find out if things would still be alright but no one could give us an answer. Fortunately the lady at the border/ferry crossing couldn't have been any nicer, there wasn't a single hassle. The Lord blessed us.
England is very new and I have a crazy internal pull telling me that I need to be on the other side of the road. It's like a magnet is inside my body. I never thought about this but even the lanes are different, slow vehicles keep left and fast stay right. I hope things feel more comfortable soon. The base is awesome so far. It's nice to be in a smaller environment without all the people and no parking. England is defiantly where the Miller's are supposed to be right now. Miss you all, and we will start looking for a house that can welcome visitors ASAP.
There is no wireless in our TLF, but what it lacks in internet it makes up for in down home comfort. No early check out for me, i'll stay until I find the perfect house. So unfortunately moms we can't talk on the computer in our room but I am in a really nice coffee shop that offers free internet access.
4 comments:
I think the driving on the opposite would be quite a change. Good luck with the adjustment!! Enjoy England, who knows...maybe we'll join in a year??? :-)
I am glad you arrived safely with little hassle. I am also glad that the temporary housing is nice. I think I would feel the same way about driving on the wrong side of the road! But what a new adventure!! We love you so much!! Good luck with everything over there. We will keep you in our prayers.
I'm glad you arrived safely. Be careful on driving on the other side of the road. I think that will be tuff at first as well. We will have to talk when you are at the cafe until you find the house you want. Know we love you and look forward to seeing you in the spring. Look for things see visit
Yeay!!! I miss you already. We haven't found a home yet, we are a bit jet lagged, because we landed at 12 noon on Wednesday. We woke up at 3:00 Thursday and ate at Dennys... we were starving. We are kinda adjusting, but last night I went to bed at 6pm and woke up at 6am. Klara of course wakes me up several times a night. What happened to the 9 hour stretches? She was excellent on the plane by the way.
We go to look at that really big nice home I showed you, today. But I don't think it is for us. Last night I was nursing Klara and I the thought came to me "Live within your means" It may be a too large for me. I don't think we've found the perfect one yet.
Love you Di
Post a Comment