I heard this song for the first time while driving our rental car in Ireland. Dave had heard it many times on the radio at work and was already familiar with the words, he was even singing it. I thought the song was simple but completely inspiring, the words are basic and the beat is catchy and it leaves me with a feeling of patriotism that I haven't felt in a while. When I listen to this song I picture elementary kids singing the Canadian anthem and American kids repeating the pledge of allegiance. I see my little nephew Gage learning to skate and wanting to play hockey someday. I imagine Dave as a small boy looking at his bedroom walls all filled with airplane posters and dreaming of joining the Air force. This song was created for the FIFA World Cup soccer championship and even though Canada wasn't involved I still watched a few minutes of a couple games. Having lived in 2 counties (Germany and England) where "football" is such a worshiped sport, I have witnessed the amount of patriotism each have in their own teams. Having just celebrated both the Canadian and American birthdays I can say “I wave my flags!”
Update May-June
8 years ago

1 comment:
YOur little girl is soo adorable! I can't believe how much she looks like you! Crazy... seems like just yesterday we were living it up on the westside!
Post a Comment