Because of our newly purchased "English Heritage" cards, we get to see a lot more cool things for free. Audley End House is a beautiful mansion, it's origins start in the 1600's. It's had many owners and been refurbished, built-up and downsized many times. I love visiting old mansions as I day dream about wearing beautiful dresses, eating at banquet tables and dancing in the ballrooms. Like most places around here you couldn't take pictures of the inside main building but you could in the kitchen, laundry, stables, and extensive grounds/gardens. I did however take a picture of a picture so I would remember what the front foyer looked like.
Look at tiny Ava waving her arms
This is the back of the house
Beautiful door bell that actually worked. The lady pulled on it and after a short delay you could hear bells ringing from inside the house.
The Front Foyer
Laundry Press and Drying Room
The kitchen

No comments:
Post a Comment