Wednesday, September 7, 2011

July Was A Blur

July was a blur of a month. We received news that our little boy was growing small, with possible Down-syndrome and that the placenta was in a crucial previa position. All of this threw us for a loop but we prayed and had faith that things would be all right.

Canada day was fun. We hung the flag and got a lot of questions from the neighbors as to why. I made the now traditional sugar cookie flag with cream cheese and strawberries; however this years cookie was not as pretty as lasts so I didn't bother taking a picture.


Flag Cookie of 2010

July 4th was a blast at the Feltwell Carnival. Ava has almost conquered her fear of rides and will take on just about anything now. Dave stayed to help his squadron raise a few bucks by selling fried Oreos's, Twinkies and Pickles (Gross) while Ava and I went home for a nap. We met up again to watch the fireworks. Unfortunately we forgot the camera.

We finally had a few HOT days and tried to make the most of them by playing in the backyard and filling up the pool. The beach is our ultimate destination when it's hot but being a little over an hour away, it's an all day event and since the weather can change on a dime here in merry ol England it could be cloudy and raining by the time we got there, hence the home made water slide.


I had an 80's workout video activity with my YW. We were all supposed to dress up but in the end not many girls tried very hard (maybe the 80's isn't a big deal for beehive girls who were all born in the late 90's.) I of course went all out and might see if it still fits for Halloween this year (my due date is Nov 2 so we will see just how BIG I really am.)


We set up the tent in the backyard and had our first sleep out of the summer. Ava loved it, even though the night was chilly. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and enjoyed a fire in the pit. Even Jessie got to sleep in the tent with us!



One day I was busy cleaning and heard Ava playing in her room. She was talking to her stuffed animals about making them lunch. When I opened the door I saw just what she was preparing for them: DOG SOUP! That's what she called it anyway. It was so cute I had to take a picture.

I promised Dave that if we were having a boy I would edit some of my baby girl clothing. I think he pulled 5 rubber maids out of the attic that were packed with pretty dresses, cute sleepers, and pink blankets. I successfully edited it all down to. . . . drum roll please 3 JAM-PACKED RUBBER MAIDS! I know it's still a lot of clothes that aren't going to be worn for a long time but I just can't give them all up yet.

I celebrated my 29th birthday. I can't believe it, 29 sounds kinda old but doesn't feel old. I don't mind being 29 and want to enjoy it since year 30 will be a whirlwind (with new baby, visa work and PCSing back to the states hopefully.) Dave was so sweet and planned a entire semi-surprise party complete with homemade cake and balloons at a local restaurant.



Overall July was a fun month and ended with super news that baby boy Miller is growing a little small but progressing well and that the placenta is moving rapidly upward. My doctor/home teacher reminded me that I only had a 1-2% chance of vaginally birthing this baby so I consider this my miracle.

1 comment:

Caleb and Suzy said...

Super busy month! You look too cute in your 80's outfit. Your belly is looking good. I can't believe that I have only about 4 weeks left in this pregnancy... it is killing me. I haven't even washed any clothes or done any prep for her to come. I better start packing my bags. Time is flying and it is almost here. I miss you a ton. Halloween will be a little lame for me with a brand new baby, but maybe I can walk with the baby and Klara. i think we will be in Idaho by then.
Hope you are doing well. Love you lots!
-Suzy